RISC Terms and Conditions of Hire
- These conditions apply to any organisation or individual wishing to hire any part of RISC.
- A booking form must be filled in for each event. In the case of regular bookings where details are identical for each date (eg The fourth Thursday of every month) one booking form will be adequate for the whole year.
- A booking will not be considered confirmed until a completed booking form is received.
- The person signing the booking form should be at least 18 years of age. This person is liable for the booking. If the person is signing on behalf of an organisation then the organisation is jointly liable for the booking.
- There should always be at least one person over the age of 18 present throughout the hire period.
- RISC is available for hire between 08.00 and 23.00 Monday to Thursday, between 08.00 and 02.00 Friday and Saturday, and 09.00 to 23.00 Sunday. Any variation on these times is at the discretion of the Facilities Co-ordinator in accordance with our Premises Licence.
- There is a minimum booking period of 2 hours.
Cancellation and Changes
- The hirer agrees to pay RISC all charges as quoted by the Facilities Co-ordinator at the time of booking. Payment can be made by cash or by cheque with a valid cheque guarantee card. (Please make cheques payable to ‘WEB RISC'.) Alternatively payment can be made by bank transfer. Please ask for our bank details.
- Full payment for room hire must be received no later than 14 days before the event, unless the hirer is an organisation which has previously arranged an account with us. In the event of payment not being made before this date, RISC reserves the right to cancel the booking. Any booking made within the 14 day period must be accompanied by full payment of the hire charge. A booking is considered confirmed once the booking form has been received.
- For account customers, our terms are strictly 30 days from the date of the invoice unless otherwise stated on the invoice. Failure to keep to these terms may result in the account being stopped and future bookings may be jeopardised.
- Cancellation fees are charged if the event is cancelled without adequate notice. The hirer must give notice of cancellation in person to the Facilities Co-ordinator, or in writing (letter or email).
- The following cancellation charges apply:
- Cancellation up to 28 days prior to the booking: no charge.
- Cancellation between 28 and 14 days before the event :12.5% of the room hire charge.
- Cancellation between 14 and 7 days before the event : 25% of the room hire charge.
- Cancellation with less than 7 days notice : 50% of the room hire charge.
- Any changes to the booking must be agreed with the Facilities Co-ordinator and confirmed in writing (letter or email).
Health and Safety
- At all times during the hire period, the buiding, grounds and equipment remain under the full control of RISC and its representatives. Any instructions given by our representatives must be complied with.
- The hirer is not entitled to use or enter the premises at any other time other than the specified hire period unless by prior arrangement with the Facilities Co-ordinator.
- The hirer must allow for setting up and packing up time in their booking request. If the event overruns the hirer will be charged for the excess.
- The hirer is not entitled to store any equipment or other items on the premises outside of the hire period unless by prior arrangement with the Facilities Co-ordinator. RISC bears no responsibility for items kept on the premises before, during and after the hire period.
- RISC reserves the right to cancel any booking if it needs to use the venue for its own purposes. RISC will give the hirer a minimum of 28 days notice if this is necessary and will attempt to relocate the event to an appropriate venue on your behalf. Any payments received will be reimbursed.
- It is our policy not to accept bookings for evening birthday parties where the person is 21 years of age or below.
- Please ensure that you have read the fire notices in the function room and that you are aware of emergency procedures.
- The hirer is responsible for keeping a register of the number, and where possible the names of people attending their event which can be used in the event of an emergency or fire drill.
- All fire exits/ doors are to be left unobstructed and emergency lights should remain uncovered.
- The hirer should ensure the capacity for the function rooms is not exceded. The Facilities Co-ordinator will advise on this at the time of booking.
- Only equipment that has a valid PAT test can be brought in and used on the premises.
- Children should be supervised at all times by a responsible adult.
- Hirers are expected to have their own Public Liability Insurance and may be asked to produce evidence of this insurance prior to the event.
- The hirer will reimburse RISC for any loss or damage caused to the building or property belonging to RISC as a result of the hiring.
- For music events and social functions open to the public whether ticketed or free, trained security will be required at extra cost to the hirer. Security staff are provided by RISC and are fully S.I.A. registered. For some private events RISC may also insist that security staff are employed at extra cost to the hirer. Security staff are paid in cash on the night by the hirer.
- For your safety CCTV cameras are located inside the building and around the outside of the premises and are recording images 24 hours a day.
- As holders of the alcohol licence RISC reserves the right to be the sole provider of any alcohol consumed on the premises, including its grounds. Staff will confiscate any other alcohol brought on to the premises.
- RISC will provide a bar for your event if it is deemed necessary. A deposit of £50 is required for this service, to be paid at the time of booking. Please make this cheque payable to 'Global Cafe'. This cheque will be kept on file until the event has taken place. If bar takings exceed £300 or more then the cheque will be returned to you or destroyed. If it takes under £300 then the cheque will be cashed to cover staff and setting up costs.
- On Sunday to Thursday last orders are called at 22.50, time is at 23.00 and then there is 20 minutes drinking up time. On Friday and Saturday nights last orders at the bar are called at 00.50, time is called at 01.00 and then guests have 20 minutes drinking up time. This is in line with our alcohol license.
- At both public and private events staff will ask anyone who looks under 25 to show ID before serving alcohol.
- For both public and private events we have a responsibility as premises license holders to ensure that no illegal drugs are used or sold on our premises so please be aware that staff take these responsibilities seriously and will act accordingly. Door staff are trained in drugs awareness and may carry out searches if deemed necessary. Anyone caught using illegal drugs on the premises will be asked to leave and will be banned.
- For weekday daytime: from 06.00 to 18.00 there is no parking available. RISC has a small car park which is only available to staff and tenants during this time. Please do not park in our neighbours’ car parks (numbered spaces and lower level car parks) as you will receive a parking fine. There are some metered parking spaces on London Street and South Street. The nearest public car parks are at Queens Road or The Oracle.
- For weekday evenings (18.00 to 06.00) and all day on weekends: Parking is available in bays numbered 3 to 16, marked in WHITE. Pay by phone charges apply 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Parking in bays numbered 1, 2, 17 to 22, will result in a parking charge of £100 Please see the sign in the car park for more information.
- Spaces can be reserved in advance in our car park for the registered disabled.
- Users park in our car park at their own risk. We take no responsibility for loss or damage to cars whilst parked on our premises.
- RISC does not accept responsibility for fines incurred by flyposting. Any fines received at RISC will be redirected to the hirers responsible whose contact details will be forwarded to the relevant authorities.
- Please be aware that our meeting rooms are close together and keep unnecessary noise to a minimum to avoid disturbing other room users. Please let us know if your event is likely to be noisy when making initial enquiries about room bookings.
- Please bear in mind that there are flats and a hotel in neighbouring buildings and keep noise to a minimum when entering and leaving the premises, especially late at night.
The following behaviour is not allowed in this community centre
- Equal opportunities policy and practice is central to RISC’s work and as such it seeks to provide services, employment, management and decision making processes that are accessible to everyone. Members of the Board of Trustees, members of staff (paid and unpaid), volunteers, member organisations and individuals and groups using RISC services and facilities are all included in this equal opportunities policy and its implementation. RISC seeks to ensure that no one is discriminated against on the grounds of age, class, employment status, HIV status, physical or mental disability, political or religious belief, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, parental or caring responsibilities, sexuality, and unrelated criminal conviction.
- Nor is anyone to be disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
- Where discrimination does occur RISC’s Board of Trustees, staff, volunteers and user groups commit themselves to taking positive action against discrimination.
- Attacks on individuals or groups on the grounds of their race, colour, sex, disability, sexuality etc.
- Discriminatory name calling, insulting remarks, jokes or threats.
- Writing such remarks on walls and other places.
- Encouraging other people to harass or discriminate against other individuals or groups.
- Provocative behaviour such as wearing racist or fascist insignia.
- Bringing on to the premises materials such as leaflets and magazines which in any way support racist, sexist, homophobic or disability discrimination.
RISC Special Conditions of Hire during COVID-19
- RISC takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to update you about your booking. Your contact details will be stored securely and only accessible to authorised staff members. We will hold your details for 2 years after which they will be destroyed. We will not share your details with anyone outside of RISC without your permission.
Note: These conditions are supplemental to, not a replacement for, the meeting rooms ordinary conditions of hire.
- You, the hirer, will be responsible for ensuring those attending your activity or event comply with the COVID-19 Secure Guidelines while entering and occupying the community meeting space, as shown on the posters displayed in the Centre, in particular using the hand sanitiser supplied when entering the building and after using tissues.
- You undertake to comply with the actions identified in the Centre’s risk assessment, of which you have been provided with a copy.
- The meeting room will be cleaned before you arrive, including tables, door handles/ controls, light switches and equipment controls. Cleaning products will also be made available in the foyer for use by hirers if required. Sanitising spray and other cleaning materials should not be sprayed directly on to electrical equipment or switches. Cloth or paper towel should be used.
- You will make sure that everyone likely to attend your activity or event understands that they MUST NOT DO SO if they or anyone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 7 days, and that if they develop symptoms within 7 days of visiting the premises they MUST use the Test, Track and Trace system to alert others with whom they have been in contact.
- You will access the meeting rooms via the rear entrance off the car park. There will be no access to the rooms via our shop or café until further notice, and anyone wishing to visit the shop or café (if open) will need to use the London Street entrance rather than taking the staircase down from the foyer.
- You will ensure that members of your group do not enter or use any other rooms apart from those which have been booked for your event.
- You will make sure that all children are supervised by a responsible adult and are not allowed to run around the foyer, corridors or any other communal areas.
- You will keep the premises well ventilated throughout your hire, with windows and doors (except fire doors) open as far as convenient. Please ensure they are all securely closed on leaving
- You will ensure that no more than the advised number of people attend your activity/event, in order that social distancing can be maintained. You will ensure that everyone attending maintains 2m social distancing while waiting to enter the premises, observes the one-way system within the premises, and as far possible observes social distancing of 1m plus mitigation measures when using more confined areas eg accessing toilets, which should be kept as brief as possible. You will make sure that no more than one person uses each suite of toilets at a time.
- You will take particular care to ensure that social distancing is maintained for any persons aged 70 or over or likely to be clinically more vulnerable to COVID-19, including for example keeping a 2m distance around them when going in and out of rooms and ensuring they can access the toilets or other confined areas without others being present. For some people, passing another person in a confined space is less risky, but for older people that should be avoided.
A face covering may provide some protection for others you come into close contact with if you have become infected but not yet developed symptoms. In line with government guidelines regarding community venues, everyone entering our building should wear a face covering with the following exemptions:
- those who are medically exempt from doing so
- children under the age of 11
- customers who are eating or drinking
- users who are taking part in physical exercise
Face coverings do not replace social distancing. Even if a face covering is used, staff and users of the space should continue to wash hands regularly and maintain social distancing. If users of the space choose to wear one, it is important to use face coverings properly and thoroughly wash hands before putting them on and taking them off.
The caretaker will position furniture to facilitate social distancing of 2m between individual people or groups of up to two households or 1m with mitigation measures such as: seating side by side, with at least one empty chair between each person or household group, rather than face-to-face, and good ventilation. If furniture is moved, please adhere to these distancing measures.
You are asked to keep a record of the name and contact telephone number or email of all those who attend your event for a period of 3 weeks after the event and provide the record to NHS Track and trace if required. (People are not obliged to provide details)
You will be responsible for the disposal of all rubbish created during your hire, including tissues and cleaning cloths, in the rubbish bin in your room. Please ensure attendees follow the NHS Catch It, Bin It, Kill It guidelines for disposal of tissues
Where possible, please bring your own soft drinks/ water bottles. If refreshments are required, we will provide a kettle/ urn and disposable cups in your room at the usual hire charge rate if requested. Please leave used cups on the tray in your room and we will take them away at the end of the hire period .
We will have the right to close the meeting rooms if there are safety concerns relating to COVID-19, for example, if someone who has attended the meeting rooms develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required or if it is reported that our special hiring conditions above are not being complied with, whether by you or by other hirers, or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close again. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform you promptly and you will not be charged for this hire.
In the event of someone becoming unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms while using the meeting rooms you should remove them to the designated safe space which you will be informed of on arrival. We will provide tissues and a bin bag, and a bowl of warm soapy water for handwashing. Ask others in your group to provide contact details if you do not have them and then leave the premises, observing the usual hand sanitising and social distancing precautions, and advise them to launder their clothes when they arrive home. Inform the office on 0118 9586692 or use out of hours contact numbers displayed in the foyer.
In order to avoid risk of aerosol or droplet transmission you must take steps to avoid people needing to unduly raise their voices to each other, e.g. refrain from playing music or broadcasts at a volume which makes normal conversation difficult
Where a sports, exercise or performing arts activity takes place you will organise your activity in accordance with guidance issued by the relevant governing body for your sport or activity.
Please avoid bringing equipment to the Centre if at all possible. If not possible then any equipment brought in should be cleaned and sanitised and not shared with other attendees.
We welcome your comments and suggestions about the facilities and services we provide. Please address any comments to the Facilities Co-ordinator at RISC (email@example.com)