Advance your P4C skills for higher quality enquiries and learn how to support less-experienced colleagues
Have you completed Level 1, including facilitating at least six P4C enquiries, and been using P4C regularly for at least six months? Are your students starting to ask higher order questions and to self-facilitate? Do you want to start supporting colleagues who are less confident or experienced in P4C?
This two-day course will advance your skills in conducting higher quality enquiries and in supporting less-experienced colleagues.
The Level 2A course:
- Examines the nature, purpose and methods of philosophical enquiry
- Shows how to choose and create materials to stimulate deeper philosophical thinking and dialogue
- Extends practices and tools for better philosophical thinking and facilitation
- Strengthens understanding of the theory and practice of critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
- Establishes criteria for planning and evaluating progress over a cycle of P4C enquiry, exercise and review
Participants must have completed the Level 1 and hold a SAPERE P4C Initial Practitioner Certificate.
Completion of the course and coursework will qualify you for a SAPERE P4C Facilitator Certificate.
|SAPERE Trainer Jane Yates|
|Until recently, Jane was the P4C co-ordinator and subject lead for English and RE at school in the North of England. There, she facilitated a weekly P4C session with each class from age 4-11 years and led the school to achieve the SAPERE Gold Award in 2015, and they were re-accredited in 2019. She now works as a SAPERE trainer and provides training and mentors primary and secondary schools as part of the Going for Gold programme, mainly in the North of England and Scotland. Jane is a Lead Practitioner for Global Learning(SSAT) and has a special interest in connecting P4C with Global Learning. Jane is best known for her innovative Philosopher’s Backpack and is currently developing creative strategies for evaluating P4C. In 2017, Jane was awarded the winner of the Global Educator of the Year by Think Global.
firstname.lastname@example.org 07770533791 @philos_backpack www.janeyates.net